Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Choice to Be Human

Hello friends,

In my other forums, I've been mounting support for a hero of mine who is in danger of being ousted from his position.  He is a man who has earned my respect and that of many in my community.  I won't go into the details here, as that is not the topic tonight.  Instead, I wish to address the core of my argument: we must choose the type of society in which we will live.

Many people have made logical arguments for removing this man from his post early, but most of the community holds him in high esteem.  I can see both sides, but I choose the emotional, human response.  I choose to say to the world that people are important, that past deeds earn future respect, that I appreciate what someone has done for me and my community.

At some point, we as citizens have to stand together.  We have to back our heros' plays.  The world is as cold as the people in it.  Let's warm to each other, touch each other's lives.  Let's choose to be emotional humans living in an emotional world.

Fondly yours,
MK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for voicing your opinion respectfully.